If you think that you have found the perfect condo and you want to make sure that it ticks all the boxes there are a few things you will need to check.
You will need to make sure that you have seen the agreement or at least a copy of it to make sure that it is something that you agree to. There is little point in going through the process of wanting to purchase a condo only to find that the agreement is something that you cannot adhere to. This will make any time that you have spent dreaming about this condo a waste of time and you will need to reconsider your plans.
- Check the agreement before you sign.
- Ask questions.
If you are thinking about getting a pet or have a pet you will need to consider if the HOA allows pets to be kept on site. If you have a pet and the HOA states no pets then they will not change the rules just for you. You might need to confirm what pets can be allowed in the condos and compare this to what animals that you have. If for example you are a reptile keeper this might be allowed but any venomous animals might not. It will need you to look into the rules and then work out if this place meets your needs too.
- Know what you are allowed.
- Talk to the HOA to make sure that what you have will comply.
- If they say no don’t argue it might be best to walk away.
Rules Of Conduct
You will need to understand what and how an HOA will punish a person for breaking the rules and if this is enforceable. If you find that a neighbour is being abusive and ignores the rules of the agreement set out by the HOA what can they do to this person? Do they have any such power or will it get referred elsewhere?
- Being fully aware of any rules that the HOA might have created, these will have been to make living in a condo together enjoyable.
- Don’t break the rules, try to abide by them it will make your life easier.
- Listen to others when they suggest there might be a problem and discuss to resolve in a pleasant manner.
You will need to look at the agreement to make sure that you understand all the rules of the agreement so that if there is ever an issue you will not be surprised if you find that any form of legal action has been taken against you. Knowing this will help you decide if the place that you have found is in fact the perfect place for you or if it is going to be the start of a living hell and one you wish you never got involved in.
- Know your rights.
- Be aware of their procedures.
- Ask for help before it gets this bad.